Supporting Graduate Students' Academic and Professional Success
GSA DIAL Position
GSA Diversity and Inclusion Academic Liaison (GSA DIAL)
Graduate Student Assistant (hourly). The position includes a fee fellowship which covers tuition, fees, and student health insurance.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FROM ELIGIBLE GRADUATE STUDENTS
Deadline: Monday, May 15, 2023 at 8 am PDT
The Graduate Student Association (GSA), the Graduate Division, the CARE Office, the Office of Title IX, Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action, and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (VCSA) are soliciting applications for the GSA Diversity and Inclusion Academic Liaison (GSA DIAL).
The purpose of the GSA DIAL is to represent graduate student concerns relating to sexual harassment, discrimination, prevention, and compliance-especially when these concerns relate to race, ethnicity, gender, disability, etc. The GSA DIAL will serve as a liaison between the graduate student community and administration, develop programming, and conduct surveys to assess graduate student experiences of discrimination and harassment at UCR.
Responsibilities Among the duties for this position, the individual will:
- Work with TADP to ensure initial TA training adequately addresses diversity and inclusion issues including, but not limited to, reporting obligations as responsible employees.
- Identify programming needs and develop seminars/panels/workshops and training focused on diversity and inclusion tailored for graduate student audiences.
- The GSA DIAL is expected to hold one to two diversity and/or equity-themed programs a quarter and to work with the CARE office to develop graduate student sexual harassment and prevention programs.
- Collaborate with relevant campus offices including the Costo Hall Offices to develop programming for graduate students and increase graduate student utilization of campus resources (such as the quarterly Graduate Students of Color Mixer).
- Coordinate Graduate Student CARE and Title IX Programming
- Hold three office hours each week
- Two office hours to be held in the GSA Office
- One office hour to be held in coordination with CARE and all interactions to be reported only to CARE staff
- Serve as an ex-officio appointee for the GSA, attending GSA executive council and general council meetings.
- Serve on relevant councils and committees including, but not limited to, the Academic Senate Committee on Diversity and Equal Opportunity, and ASUCR Diversity Council and serve as chair of the GSA DIAL Student Committee.
Term of Employment:
Up to 19 hours per week maximum. Starting August 28, 2023 - June 14, 2024 with the possibility of renewal for a second academic year.
The applicant must be a current graduate student in good standing at UCR, who will be entering AT LEAST their second year at UCR and must be intending to remain a student during the 2023-2024 Academic Year.
$30 per hour. The position includes a fee fellowship which covers tuition, fees, and student health insurance.
- Current CV/Resume
- Letter of interest
- 2 pages, single space maximum.
- Please address the following in your letter: 1) your commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education, 2) experience working effectively in a collaborative environment, and 3) experience with planning meetings and events, particularly at UCR.
- List two references; one of the references should be a faculty member.
- If you are invited to interview, your references will be contacted and sent a form to complete their recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation are not required by references but are optional.