The Graduate Division of University of California, Riverside welcomes applications for the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship. A maximum of three students from UCR will be forwarded to the Liebmann Fund for fellowship consideration by the Fund review committee. Recipients will be known as Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellows.
If you have questions about the Liebmann Fellowship or the application process, please contact Dr. Dawn Loyola at email@example.com.
- The amount of each Fellowship will cover actual tuition costs (not fees) plus an $18,000 annual stipend to be allocated towards room, board and ordinary living expenses, as well as any income taxes thereon.
- Fellowships are awarded annually, with possibility for renewal.
- Each Fellow MUST APPLY FOR A RENEWAL of their fellowship by March 31 of the following year in accordance with the terms in effect at the time the fellowship is awarded (no reminder will be sent).
- Fellowships will be limited to a maximum of three years.
- Awarded fellowships can only be deferred once, for up to one academic year, for purposes of study/research abroad.
- The fellowship may be canceled at any time if a Fellow engages in misconduct affecting the Fund, breaches any Fund rules, or provides false information to the Fund either directly or indirectly.
- Students must be currently enrolled and pursuing a graduate degree at UCR.
- Students pursuing a graduate degree in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences, including medicine and engineering, may apply (NOTE: the selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors).
- The candidate must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- The candidate must be a U.S. citizen.
- The candidate must have an outstanding undergraduate record.
- The candidate may be of any national descent or background.
The following application materials are required:
- A completed and signed Application
- One copy of your personal vitae or résumé.
Copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to date (NOTE: unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however, if chosen to be forwarded for consideration by the Liebmann Fund, official transcripts must be provided to Graduate Division no later than 12pm on January 12, 2024).
Copy of graduate exam test scores (if applicable*).
A Statement of Purpose up to three pages long (double spaced) which considers the relationship between your graduate level study and your intended personal and/or professional goals. Your Statement of Purpose must include a 10-15 line abstract at the top (included in the three pages) that explains, in LAYMAN’S terms, the essence of your proposed topic of study or dissertation, the methodology of its treatment, and its anticipated impact on your field of study.
Letter of Recommendation from Dean of Graduate School or Department Chair (OPTIONAL) - emailed directly to Dawn Loyola
Letters of Recommendation from at least two professors who have taught or worked closely with you (REQUIRED) - emailed directly to Dawn Loyola
Copy of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)
Copy of your Financial Aid Summary from UCR
Copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the prior two years (including spouse’s returns, if applicable*). Only submit actual Tax Form - it is not necessary to provide schedules, attachments, etc.
* If any of the documents above are not applicable, please include a statement in its place in the application packet that explains why the item is not applicable.
Students must submit application materials by email to Dr. Dawn Loyola in Graduate Division (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 29, 2023. All required documents (other than letters of recommendation) must be compiled into a single PDF file. Recommendation letters must be emailed directly to Dr. Loyola rather than being included with applicant materials, and are due at the same time as the application.
UCR will forward a maximum of three applications to the Liebmann Fund for consideration. A Graduate Division committee will review all applicant materials and determine those to be forwarded to the Fund. Notifications to students whose applications will be forwarded for consideration will be sent no later than December 15, 2023.